none
Add node to SQL 2000 Cluster RRS feed

• Question

• I've inherited two SQL 2000 SP4 clusters running on a two node Windows 2003 SP2 cluster, one SQL cluster (i.e. resource group) on each node. Two more nodes have recently been added to the Windows cluster. I need to add those nodes to the 2 existing SQL clusters. Both SQL instances have "force protocol encryption" enabled in the server network utility. I believe that creates a self-signed certificate on the node. Running "winhttpcertcfg -l -c LOCAL_MACHINE\MY -s VirtualServerName" confirms that both existing nodes have both instances' certificates installed.

Q1. To add the new nodes to the SQL clusters (i.e. allow the resource groups to run on the new nodes), assuming the Windows cluster itself is configured correctly, is there anything I need to do other than run the installer and add the nodes? (I've done this before on SQL 2008R2 but never on SQL 2000.)

Q2. How do I copy those certificates to the new nodes so that SQL will both start, and continue to encrypt network communications? Will the installation wizard automatically copy the certificates to the new nodes once I add them to the sql cluster?  I thought I could use the "internet options" control pamel applet to export/import them. but they don't show up under any of the tabs.

TIA

Chuck

• Edited by chuckh1958 Friday, April 27, 2012 8:13 PM
    Friday, April 27, 2012 8:04 PM

Answers

All replies