Issues on Samsung Q1 Ultra HSDPA RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

I have installed the trial version of the following two OS on an UltraMobile Pc (Samsung Q1 Ultra HSDPA with Win XP SP2 native OS, which worked well before):

1.       Windows Embedded Standard

2.       Windows Embedded Standard 7

I have built the first OS with Microsoft Target Designer & Microsoft Component Designer tools; I have used tap.exe on the target machine and I have added missing drivers manually.

The second one was built with the Image Build Wizard from the Windows Embedded Standard 2011 toolkit; For this first test I have used the Thin Client Template.

In both cases the two systems work generally well for our needs, but:

1.       With Windows Embedded Standard I can’t modify the screen resolution: it is set on 800 by 600 pixels, despite the screen driver is already installed;

2.       With  Windows Embedded Standard 7 I can’t install the touch screen driver (instead the screen resolution is OK). I have tried to update it with the Device Manager utility, but this way does not work.

How can I fixe these issues? Is this an hardware/OS incompatibility that can be solved with some upgrades in the future?

thanks a lot

Francesco

Tuesday, May 25, 2010 8:54 AM

All replies

• Dear all,

I have installed the trial version of the following two OS on an UltraMobile Pc (Samsung Q1 Ultra HSDPA with Win XP SP2 native OS, which worked well before):

1.       Windows Embedded Standard

2.       Windows Embedded Standard 7

I have built the first OS with Microsoft Target Designer & Microsoft Component Designer tools; I have used tap.exe on the target machine and I have added missing drivers manually.

The second one was built with the Image Build Wizard from the Windows Embedded Standard 2011 toolkit; For this first test I have used the Thin Client Template.

In both cases the two systems work generally well for our needs, but:

1.       With Windows Embedded Standard I can’t modify the screen resolution: it is set on 800 by 600 pixels, despite the screen driver is already installed;

2.       With  Windows Embedded Standard 7 I can’t install the touch screen driver (instead the screen resolution is OK). I have tried to update it with the Device Manager utility, but this way does not work.

How can I fixe these issues? Is this an hardware/OS incompatibility that can be solved with some upgrades in the future?

thanks a lot

Francesco

Issue on Windows Embedded Standard Fixed this afternoon:

In Microsoft Target Designer I have add these elements, forgotten in the previous versions:

- Mobile Intel (R) 945 Express Chipset Family

- Super VGA 1024x768

Now the installation of the video & graphics driver is successful

However issue on Windows Embedded 7 still persist

Francesco

Tuesday, May 25, 2010 2:35 PM