German keyboard on Windows Mobile 5 RRS feed

• Question

• I need to write a small application on PPC with windows Mobile 5. This application must allow user to enter German characters from the keyboard.
    I am thinking about my options: 1) installing 3rd party software just to have the German keyboard, 2) implementing my own keyboard 3) ???. What solution would you suggest ?

Tuesday, June 8, 2010 3:48 PM

Answers

• If you need any possible key code input then use a 3rd party.  If you just need a basic subset of key codes then build your own.

May we all make money in the sequel.
    • Marked as answer by warrentang Thursday, June 10, 2010 8:52 AM
    Tuesday, June 8, 2010 4:00 PM
  • It turned out that Windows Mobile I use is localized. It is enough to change one setting (which removed the native keyboard) to fix my problem. Native keyboard has all German characters I need :) Thanks.
    • Marked as answer by warrentang Thursday, June 10, 2010 8:51 AM
    Wednesday, June 9, 2010 12:25 PM

All replies

• If you need any possible key code input then use a 3rd party.  If you just need a basic subset of key codes then build your own.

May we all make money in the sequel.
    • Marked as answer by warrentang Thursday, June 10, 2010 8:52 AM
    Tuesday, June 8, 2010 4:00 PM
  • Could you suggest any existing keyboard to use ? I need full qwerty keyboard with ability to enter German characters when Alt/Ctrl is pressed. I do not want to bring some extra keyboard just to enter the special character. It is not user friendly.

Thank you

Tuesday, June 8, 2010 4:07 PM
  • It turned out that Windows Mobile I use is localized. It is enough to change one setting (which removed the native keyboard) to fix my problem. Native keyboard has all German characters I need :) Thanks.
    • Marked as answer by warrentang Thursday, June 10, 2010 8:51 AM
    Wednesday, June 9, 2010 12:25 PM