Service installation results: There was an error while adding 'WSP_IUSRS' group: Could not create system group RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Website panel was setup a few weeks ago and worked flawless.  I just tried to create a new website, but i got an error with complete stack trace (pasted below).

After searching the support forums I also found out that the "web" service on our (standalone) server was not able to be updated.  After pressing the update button, i got the error Service installation results: There was an error while adding 'WSP_IUSRS' group: Could not create system group.  Without stack trace.
    I verified, and the user group WSP_IUSRS exists.  I verified if the OS section was available in server as sugessted here.  Without success.

Has anyone any idea to fix this problem?

Kind regards

This is the stacktrace

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> System.Exception: Error executing 'UPDATE' task on mydomain.com' WEB_SITE ---> System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> System.Exception: Could not create system user ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800708B0): The account already exists.

at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.CommitChanges()
    at WebsitePanel.Providers.Utils.SecurityUtils.CreateUser(SystemUser user, RemoteServerSettings serverSettings, String usersOU, String groupsOU)
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at WebsitePanel.Providers.Web.IIs70.CreateWebSiteAnonymousAccount(WebSite site)
    at WebsitePanel.Providers.Web.IIs70.UpdateSite(WebSite site)
    at WebsitePanel.Server.WebServer.UpdateSite(WebSite site)
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
    at WebsitePanel.Providers.Web.WebServer.UpdateSite(WebSite site)
    at WebsitePanel.EnterpriseServer.WebServerController.UpdateWebSite(WebSite site)
    at WebsitePanel.EnterpriseServer.WebServerController.UpdateWebSite(WebSite site)
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
    at WebsitePanel.EnterpriseServer.esWebServers.UpdateWebSite(WebSite site)
    at WebsitePanel.Portal.WebSitesEditSite.SaveWebSite()

Please click 'Mark as Answer' on the post that helped you.
    Saturday, December 11, 2010 2:15 PM

Answers

• Well, I feel like I should have read the directions more closely. Under the AD setup for the server, I left off the ".local" and apparently that was all that needed to be changed. Now the settings for web (IIS 7.5) update correctly and I able to add the OU's without any errors. Proceeding on with the setup, but it appears as though it is working correctly now. Hope the change for ".local" helps someone else.
    Monday, January 31, 2011 2:06 AM

All replies

• I'm experiencing the same issue.

(I am attempting to set things up integrated into AD and am experiencing this issue)

Did you ever find a solution?

Monday, January 31, 2011 1:58 AM
  • Well, I feel like I should have read the directions more closely. Under the AD setup for the server, I left off the ".local" and apparently that was all that needed to be changed. Now the settings for web (IIS 7.5) update correctly and I able to add the OU's without any errors. Proceeding on with the setup, but it appears as though it is working correctly now. Hope the change for ".local" helps someone else.
    Monday, January 31, 2011 2:06 AM