none
[UWP] error APPX3210: App manifest references the image 'Assets\Square71x71.png' which does not have a candidate in main app package.

Question

• Hi there,

I can run my app just fine in debug and release mode on the emulator, on the phone and PC. I am using the current Windows 10 version (no Insider version) with Visual Studio 2015 Update 1.

I now try to create a store submission via "store... create app packages", but then I encounter this APPX3210 error:

Package.appxmanifest(19,71): error APPX3210: App manifest references the image 
    'Assets\Square71x71.png' which does not have a candidate in main app package.

The image is there, of course. I can workaround by selecting "Never" for the option "generate app bundle". But then I cannot submit the app, as the previous version (a Windows 8.1 app) used bundles:

A previous submission for this app was released with a Windows Phone 8.1 or Windows 8.1 appxbundle. 
    Your Windows 10 submission must also contain an appxbundle.

Can anyone tell me the meaning of the APPX3210 error message? The referenced image is there, it is also 71x71 pixels and has the "scale-100" qualifier.
    Thanks in advance,
       Robert

Changing the world... bit by bit.

Monday, April 4, 2016 11:59 AM

Answers

• Ok, apparently UWP apps now use and require the scale-200 qualifier as the default. Adding this file fixed the above problem.

Changing the world... bit by bit.

• Marked as answer by enough2012 Monday, April 4, 2016 1:36 PM
    Monday, April 4, 2016 1:36 PM