none
Issue with WORD 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I wrote sample VBs script.

DCOM config of MSoffice is set to This User (i.e. my user name and i have administrator permission)

Set AppObject = CreateObject( "Word.Application");

This is failing with 

Err.Number -2147467238.

i dont see any error description.

If i change the DCOM config properties of MSOffice to Interactive user, same script is running fine.

Regards

Pushpendra

Thursday, September 19, 2013 10:07 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Here is a link of a thread about the same issue you meet below for your reference.

DCOM issue with Office 2007

Hope it can help you.

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

• Marked as answer by Pushpendra2000 Wednesday, September 25, 2013 8:54 AM
    Monday, September 23, 2013 6:52 AM

All replies

• I believe, if i can configure Office 2010 to run under specified user account, i should be able to resolve the above issue.

I found one article for 2003 

MicroSft KB article 288367 talks about 2003.

Anything similer for 2010.
    Thursday, September 19, 2013 11:00 AM
  • Hi,

Here is a link of a thread about the same issue you meet below for your reference.

DCOM issue with Office 2007

Hope it can help you.

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

• Marked as answer by Pushpendra2000 Wednesday, September 25, 2013 8:54 AM
    Monday, September 23, 2013 6:52 AM
  • Thanks for the help.. This really helps.
    Wednesday, September 25, 2013 8:54 AM