Question on specific features on an Azure Storage Account RRS feed

• Question

• Which of the following storage types in Azure allows you to a) Querying objects or b) Switch access tiers?

1. Queue Storage
    2. File Storage
    3. Table Storage
    4. Blob Storage

If you could explain the reasons for your choice that will be appreciated.

Tuesday, May 1, 2018 2:43 PM

All replies

• Azure Table storage allows  Querying Objects and Azure blob storage is supported switch access tier.

Below links are explain about both technologies deeply

Refer : Query Operators Supported for the Table Service , Querying Tables and Entities , Storage tier , Use query parameters to customize responses

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this answer was helpful, click “Mark as Answer” or Up-Vote. To provide additional feedback on your forum experience, click here

• Proposed as answer by Sandeep BR Tuesday, May 1, 2018 7:41 PM
    Tuesday, May 1, 2018 7:41 PM
  • Sandeep,

Your links were helpful. Reading your links I am convinced that Blob Storage allows us to switch Access Tiers. But for querying objects would File Storage be another choice or not? If yes, in what cases would it be another choice?

Thursday, May 3, 2018 5:28 PM
  • Only blob and table storages are supported for querying. If you need minimal querying, you can always use an indexed resource like table storage with links to the blobs. Document DB (or Cosmos DB now) can get quite expensive depending on your requirements, so developing a split strategy of indexed data vs non-indexed data where the index portion is stored in Document DB and the rest is linked to in blob storage can be viable strategy to mitigate costs.

• Proposed as answer by vikranth s Tuesday, May 8, 2018 6:22 PM
    Friday, May 4, 2018 9:01 PM
  • Checking in to see if the above response helped to answer your query. Let me know if there are still any additional issues I can help with
    Tuesday, May 8, 2018 6:23 PM