none
Do we need separate BizTalk license for SharePoint adapter web service? RRS feed

• Question

• Do we need separate BizTalk 2010 license for SharePoint 2010 adapter web service, since it's part of BizTalk installation package, and we indeed install BizTalk on SPS box just in order to make it working?

-- Ilya

Friday, May 4, 2012 9:12 AM

Answers

• Hi,

My bad, what I meant was that you just need one biztalk license for the sharepoint adapter as it is included in the package software.

Regards,
    Bali
    MCTS: BizTalk Server 2010,BizTalk Server 2006 and WCF
    My Blog:dpsbali-biztalkweblog
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Mark As Answer or Vote As Helpful if this helps.

Friday, May 4, 2012 10:38 AM

All replies

• Hi,

For the Sharepoint adapter web service you will surely need a biztalk server license as it has to be installed as part of the Windows Sharepoint Services Adapter. Check this for more on Sharepoint Services support in BizTalk Server. Also the Windows SharePoint Services adapter Web service is installed on the Windows SharePoint Services server. Check this for an explaination of how the adapter works.

Regards,
    Bali

Friday, May 4, 2012 9:51 AM
  • Well I'm talking about separate BizTalk license:

1. SharePoint adapter software is not part of adapter pack, but is rather "additional software":

2. According to http://www.microsoft.com/biztalk/en/us/pricing-licensing-faq.aspx additional software do not need separate licensing:

-- Ilya

• Edited by Ilya Oussov Friday, May 4, 2012 10:17 AM clarification
    Friday, May 4, 2012 10:15 AM
  • Hi,

My bad, what I meant was that you just need one biztalk license for the sharepoint adapter as it is included in the package software.

Regards,
    Bali

Friday, May 4, 2012 10:38 AM