none
Trusted Add-in Catalogs not showing in Trust Center RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to side-load an add-in in Excel 2010. I've added a network share but when I bring up the trust center settings in Excel to add the catalog, the "Trusted Add-in Catalogs" entry is missing.

Paul

Thursday, July 25, 2019 4:33 PM

Answers

All replies

• paulc2018,

I don't understand most of your post...
      What does side load mean?
      Why is adding a network share important?
      Is the "catalog" the add-in?
      Why would you expect a "Trusted add-in Catalogs" entry?

What add-in are you trying to load?  Who is the author?
    Thursday, July 25, 2019 6:45 PM
  • First off, apologies for not being clearer. I would have posted pictures and links but the forums wouldn't let me until I'm verified.

With that said, I'm very confused by the fact that you responded with those questions. I'm sorry have to point this out but if you didn't understand what I wrote then you're almost certainly not in a position to help.

Sideloading is a common term describing a mechanism to load something (code, data) outside of the normal channels. If the term is still confusing, you will find plenty of information with a quick web search or by reading the Wikipedia entry. In this particular case, I'm using it in line with Microsoft's documented terminology.

Microsoft Office Dev Center has an article called "Sideload Office Add-ins for testing". In steps 5 - 7 of the section "Specify the shared folder as a trusted catalog", they state that a shared folder needs to be added to the the Trusted Catalogs Table. There's a screenshot showing an entry for "Trusted Add-in Catalogs" on the left between "Trusted Documents" and "Add-ins". This entry is missing from my trust center.

The name of the add-in is completely irrelevant and so is the author.

Here's the address for the article (I still can't link): https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/dev/add-ins/testing/create-a-network-shared-folder-catalog-for-task-pane-and-content-add-ins 

Paul

Friday, July 26, 2019 3:51 PM
  • To: paulc2018
    Re:  "if you didn't understand what I wrote then you're almost certainly not in a position to help"

I couldn't agree more. 
    This forum has been primarily devoted to developers using Office/VBA.
    I doubt you will find much/any help here.
    '---

Free Excel add-ins and custom workbooks at Media Fire...

Friday, July 26, 2019 4:30 PM
  • This forum has been primarily devoted to developers using Office/VBA.

Ah, that explains the confusion! 

I'll try the Excel IT Pro Discussions forum instead. Thanks and sorry for dragging you down a rabbit hole.

Saturday, July 27, 2019 1:43 AM