Cannot create a DbSet for 'DocumentChecklistItem' because this type is not included in the model for the context RRS feed

• Question

• User1590974646 posted

I'm getting the above mentioned error in my code.
    Just to be clear from the very beginning, the code works, I have everything initialzed in DbContext correctly, running .NET Core 2.1.
    How I know that it works? Well because it's running correctly on the production server, 3 test servers, my 2 laptops and even my colleagues didn't encounter this bug.

I just can't seem to figure out where the hell is a difference between my desktop and two laptops where it works, as I've already tried even to reinstall windows on my desktop and even that didn't help.

Any ideas what can be wrong on my PC?
    Has anyone encounter a similar problem?

Thanks! Much appreciated for all tips on how to fix this.

PS: Like the only difference between my two laptops and desktop is that desktop is using AMD Ryzen and laptops are Intel... It's kind of a stupid thinking but I've literally tried almost everything else I found on the internet and just can't seem to get rid of it, it's super annoying that It happens only on one machine without a proper explanation why.

DbContexterror

Monday, June 22, 2020 8:01 AM

All replies

• User475983607 posted

I assume DocumentChecklistItem is within a library and the dll does not exist in the bin folder.  

Monday, June 22, 2020 11:17 AM
  • User1590974646 posted

So according to what you say, for some reason it's not being added into my dll during building process on my desktop.
    Is there a way how to check it?

Btw the very same code works on another devices so that's why i'm like lost with what can be wrong.

Monday, June 22, 2020 3:17 PM
  • User-474980206 posted

my guess is that DbContext is not what you expect it is. use the IDE to goto to its defination.

Monday, June 22, 2020 3:20 PM
  • User1590974646 posted

Can  you elaborate more on this please?

Monday, June 22, 2020 3:24 PM