none
App Notifications in kiosk mode

Question

• Hello everybody,

is it possible to turn on App Notifications (Toast Notifications) on assigned access (kiosk mode)? 

In normal use case the notifications bring me some information like "Message has been sent..." or something like that. My app shows this information 3 seconds and then close it.

I tried configuring this via Group Policy and Settings. Unfortunately without success.

Or is there another simple solution for this?

Best regards

Marc

Wednesday, April 4, 2018 6:15 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I'm sorry to say that it is no possible to get App Notification in assigned access currently.

Please refer the description of assigned access of this link: Kiosk apps for assigned access: Best practices. It is said that "They won't be able to switch apps or close the app using touch gestures, a mouse, the keyboard, or hardware buttons. They also won't see any app notifications."

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 5, 2018 7:52 AM