Custom Page Layout and strange web part behaviour RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

I've added some additional web part zones to a new table in a custom page layout but when I deploy the page layout and apply it to an existing page, if I add a CEWP to the new zones the ribbon doesn't respond and I can only modify the CEWP if I move it to one of the other OOTB zones on the page.
    I can move the CEWP back and forth between the zones but the ribbon only reacts and allows me to really customize the web part once it's been moved to one of those original zones.

I can add any web part to the new zones but the CEWP, when initially added to the page, just shows the "Click here to add new content" text/link and clicking it does nothing.
    The strange thing is that if I select and then copy that text/link, the text disappears and I can type in the CEWP.
    Adding a CEWP to one of the original zones just works. I click the link, the text disappears and I can start editing.

Have I missed something in the code on the customized page layout or is this just a bug or some other quirk?

Thanks peeps.

N03L.

Thursday, April 16, 2015 10:52 AM