none
What's the relation between HCK and WLK 1.6 RRS feed

• Question

• I know HCK is a new suit tools for Driver Certification. However the WLK 1.6 is also on the page Windows Hardware Certification Kit Downloads

I am a newbie for Driver Certification. I am confused between HCK and WLK 1.6.

The device of my company is using RNDIS as driver software. The only file as driver software is a INF file following the RNDIS template. So, which tool is suit for my case? Can the WLK 1.6 be used for driver certification for WinXp, Win7 and win8?

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 4:23 AM

Answers

• The HCK (Windows 8 release) is the replacement for the WLK 1.6 (Windows 7 release).  WLK 1.6 is still listed for a limited time to allow companies previously using it to complete their submissions.  In the future WLK 1.6 will be removed and submissions will no longer be accepted for it.

The purpose of both kits is the same though there has been a name change.  The HCK has also gone through significant changes to the test harness to simplify the process for users.

I would suggest using the HCK as this will be the active kit moving forward.

Paul - This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 7:23 PM

All replies

• HCK replaces WLK as the certification tool for Win8. WLK 1.6 was listed there for backward compatibility reasons.

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 6:13 AM
  • The HCK (Windows 8 release) is the replacement for the WLK 1.6 (Windows 7 release).  WLK 1.6 is still listed for a limited time to allow companies previously using it to complete their submissions.  In the future WLK 1.6 will be removed and submissions will no longer be accepted for it.

The purpose of both kits is the same though there has been a name change.  The HCK has also gone through significant changes to the test harness to simplify the process for users.

I would suggest using the HCK as this will be the active kit moving forward.

Paul - This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 7:23 PM