Simulator in VS2012 keeps loading

Question

• Hi all

Whenever I try to launch a Windows Store App I made in Visual Studio and want to launch it with the simulator, the simulator starts and I get to see the UI. But it keeps loading, the dots keep moving and moving. Eventually I close the simulator and then VS2012 gives me an error saying that the simulator could not be loaded. 

Any hand on this? I've recently updated VS2012 with that Update 2, but it hasn't fixed my issue.

Monday, April 22, 2013 1:28 PM

All replies

• I'm moving this to the tools forum for better visibility.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Monday, April 22, 2013 3:14 PM
  • Hi,

Did you try to restart the simulator?

Aaron
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 8:38 AM
  • Yes, I have restarted the simulator and Visual Studio many times.. So far, without any luck.
    Wednesday, April 24, 2013 8:02 PM
  • I still have the same issue. Has nobody encountered a problem like this?

I've been searching and looks like someone had the same problem as I did, unfortunately the solution didn't work for me as I am not using a VPN connection... (link: http://blog.themagicsoftware.com/2012/11/cant-start-windows-8-app-in-simulator-from-visual-studio-2012-it-loads-forever.html )

Tuesday, May 14, 2013 11:01 AM