none
I can no longer configure my datasource via the wizard in VS2010

    Question

  • Well, the title says it all. The program I'm working on is a winform front-end for an access back-end. Its purpose is to collect information and standardize it based on a collection of codes in the back-end data tables. Code retrieval has become my biggest issue of late; in a nut shell, I filter an existing data table in VB and return a new, one row, data table. The statements in which I perform the filtering are referencing tables found in a .xsd in my solution. The columns in those tables were recently renamed in the back end, but VBisn't recognizing updates in the back-end.

    Typically I use the wizard to update my data set information: Data Sources Tab > Configure with Wizard > Check/Uncheck tables & fields > Finish. Now, when I enter the wizard, I see none of the changes I've made. I'm concerned that there is an issue with my .xsd file.

    I've made a few changes that I'm worried could be contributing to my problem, still being green I don't know if these concerns are justified but I want to consider every option: I started using OLEDB connections to communicate with my back-end, and a few weeks ago I changed the location of my solution.

    Thanks for the help!

    Tuesday, December 22, 2015 3:26 PM

Answers

  • Hi belaythat,

    >>Now, when I enter the wizard, I see none of the changes I've made. I'm concerned that there is an issue with my .xsd file.

    Please check whether you are connect to the changed datasource, not an backup datasource. You can remove this connection and re-connect it again.

    Please create a new project to make sure whether this problem caused by Visual Studio.

    If the new project also has the same problem, this problem related to Visual Studio. Please try reset all settings by menu Tools -> Import and Export settings -> Reset all settings. And if it doesn't work, please try repair your Visual Studio.

    If not, this problem may be caused by the operation that you do with your project. Please move your project to original path to confirm whether the datasource path causes this issue.

    Best Regards,
    Weiwei

    • Marked as answer by belaythat Wednesday, December 23, 2015 1:32 PM
    Wednesday, December 23, 2015 8:07 AM
    Moderator

All replies

  • Hi belaythat,

    >>Now, when I enter the wizard, I see none of the changes I've made. I'm concerned that there is an issue with my .xsd file.

    Please check whether you are connect to the changed datasource, not an backup datasource. You can remove this connection and re-connect it again.

    Please create a new project to make sure whether this problem caused by Visual Studio.

    If the new project also has the same problem, this problem related to Visual Studio. Please try reset all settings by menu Tools -> Import and Export settings -> Reset all settings. And if it doesn't work, please try repair your Visual Studio.

    If not, this problem may be caused by the operation that you do with your project. Please move your project to original path to confirm whether the datasource path causes this issue.

    Best Regards,
    Weiwei

    • Marked as answer by belaythat Wednesday, December 23, 2015 1:32 PM
    Wednesday, December 23, 2015 8:07 AM
    Moderator
  • Thanks! I hadn't checked the connection string used by the solution after moving the solution and associated files. I reset the connection and everything is working great.

    Check out this page if you run into a similar problem:

    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms171887(v=vs.100).aspx


    Wednesday, December 23, 2015 5:22 PM