Sending many emails by asp.net RRS feed

• Question

• User363578564 posted

i have 2 questions about sending many emails by asp.net

The emails are delivered by iis to Exchange server.

1. Possible to track the email status - deliver to recipient mail server successfully.  it is not efficient to rely on return error email.
    2. Possible to have a mail queue in IIS in case of our sender mail server breakdown

Grateful for any advice.  thx.

Friday, September 7, 2018 3:54 AM

Answers

• User753101303 posted

Hi,

More a Windows admin question. AFAIK you can't really "guarantee" an email is delivered. Depends also on your flow (if the user must click a link you know if the link is later used).

AFAIK yes. I believe it is done by configuring SmtpClient to direct mail to a folder and SMTP in IIS to pick them from the same folder to forward them to the mail server. This way they are kept on disk until they can be succesfully forwarded...

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, September 7, 2018 7:45 AM

All replies

• User753101303 posted

Hi,

More a Windows admin question. AFAIK you can't really "guarantee" an email is delivered. Depends also on your flow (if the user must click a link you know if the link is later used).

AFAIK yes. I believe it is done by configuring SmtpClient to direct mail to a folder and SMTP in IIS to pick them from the same folder to forward them to the mail server. This way they are kept on disk until they can be succesfully forwarded...

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, September 7, 2018 7:45 AM
  • User363578564 posted

Thanks a lot.

(1) I just wonder

every email has message ID, if it can get the message id during sending the email from IIS to Exchange email server, then it can retrieve the status of email from exchange email server by that ID, just like SQL scope_identity() when insert.

Friday, September 7, 2018 8:09 AM