none
SFTP error 'HostNotFound' from ADF V2 RRS feed

• Question

• HI  all geeks out there 

Has anybody faced  issues in copying files from SFTP .

I have an sftp  service as supplied by client .

When i try to connect that from WinSCp from local machine with username/password.. it works totally fine . but when on ADF v2 i try to create the same connection (i am using the normal azure IR and no hosted IR) it never connects and gives the following error

SFTP error " Meet network issue when connect to Sftp server <servername>, SocketErrorCode: 'HostNotFound'" 

I have tried all combinations of servername (username@servrename, servername , sftp://servername) but not able to connect till now.Is there something fundamentally which i am missing ?

Any urgent help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Viswa

Viswa

Thursday, April 25, 2019 1:40 PM

All replies

• bdw, i am using port number 22  so that i am sure it is sftp.

Viswa

Thursday, April 25, 2019 1:41 PM
  • Hi Viswa,

Please try using port 21 to see if it works. It mostly should because in general port 22 is used for SSH on Linux Machines. While conventionally its either port 21 or 22 for SFTP, it's not a hard-and-fast rule. Please have a look at this discussion for more info.

Also, the host name format doesn't have to have "sftp://", it is simply the server name. Eg - test.rebex.net .

Let us know if ths helps. Else, we can gladly continue to dive deeper.

MSDN

Monday, April 29, 2019 10:28 AM
    Owner
  • Hi Viswa,

Just wanted to check - did your query get resolved using the above suggestion? 

If the above answer was helpful, please click “Mark as Answer” AND/or “Up-Vote”, as it might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

MSDN

Thursday, May 2, 2019 6:48 AM
    Owner