Permissions errors using Dropbox and Azure Blob Storage connectors RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to create a logic app that copies new/modified files from Dropbox to Azure Blob Storage.  I'm getting errors trying to configure both the Dropbox and Azure Blob Storage connectors.  I'm guessing that the problem is with my access rights in the Resource Group where I'm an Automation Operator, Data Factor Contributor, and a Storage Account Contributor.  Making me an Owner of the resource group isn't an option.  Can anyone point me in the right direction for resolving these issues?

Dropbox error: The client ... does not have authorization to perform action 'Microsoft.Web/connections/read' over scope '/subscriptions/.../resourceGroups/.../providers/Microsoft.Web/connections/dropbox'

Azure Blob Storage error: The client ... does not have authorization to perform action 'Microsoft.Web/connections/read' over scope '/subscriptions/.../resourceGroups/.../providers/Microsoft.Web/connections/azureblob'

Thanks!

Friday, December 30, 2016 7:44 PM

Answers

• Hi ,

You do not have appropriate permission on the subscription to create API connection for the blob storage annd the dropbox. You might need to add your user as co-admin to the azure subscription 

If this answers your question please mark it accordingly. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful by clicking the upward arrow mark next to my reply

• Marked as answer by bbainssla Tuesday, January 3, 2017 4:37 PM
    Tuesday, January 3, 2017 11:01 AM
  • We fixed this issue by making the account an owner of the Logic App's resource group.
    Tuesday, January 3, 2017 4:37 PM

All replies

• Hi ,

You do not have appropriate permission on the subscription to create API connection for the blob storage annd the dropbox. You might need to add your user as co-admin to the azure subscription 

If this answers your question please mark it accordingly. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful by clicking the upward arrow mark next to my reply

Tuesday, January 3, 2017 11:01 AM
  • We fixed this issue by making the account an owner of the Logic App's resource group.
    Tuesday, January 3, 2017 4:37 PM