none
Logon credentials for Localhost (to view a Visual Studio .aspx file in the browser)

Question

• In a Visual Studio 8 Solution, if I right-click an .aspx file and select ‘View in browser’, I’m prompted for a username and password to access the page on Localhost.  I’m therefore trying to determine what the default username and password are for Localhost.  I’ve read in various places that the Localhost credentials are any of the following:

• root (no password)
    • admin/changeme
    • root/changeme
    • My Windows 7 username and password

None of the above credentials work.   I’d appreciate any other suggestions.  Thanks.

Wednesday, August 24, 2016 10:24 PM

Answers

• Thanks Weiwei.   Apparently you're correct.  I assumed that because the browser was showing LocaHost in the URL,  LocalHost credentials would be required.  In looking at the code and running it through the debugger though it appears that a usernname and password that are specific to the app are required.
    • Marked as answer by Bontrager Thursday, August 25, 2016 5:14 PM
    Thursday, August 25, 2016 5:14 PM

All replies

• Hi Bontrager,

Does the Visual Studio 8 solution means the solution is created by Visual Studio 2008?

According to your description, I think there has a user credential when load this page, which means when you load this page, you need to type a username and password.

About what's the value of username and password, I suggest you check the code behind for this page, where should provide the code where this page will get the username and password. Then you can find the correct login information from the correct place.

And if this solution is not developed by yourself, I suggest you contact the author who will know the login information.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, August 25, 2016 7:16 AM
  • Thanks Weiwei.   Apparently you're correct.  I assumed that because the browser was showing LocaHost in the URL,  LocalHost credentials would be required.  In looking at the code and running it through the debugger though it appears that a usernname and password that are specific to the app are required.
    • Marked as answer by Bontrager Thursday, August 25, 2016 5:14 PM
    Thursday, August 25, 2016 5:14 PM