none
Excel 2010 VSTO with Visual Studio 2015 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm trying to migrate an old VS2010 project to m'y new VS2015 environment. This project is an Excel 2010 workbook project (it has not remains a 2010 workbook for the moment, my customer does not plan an upgrade of Office in coming months). The project is imported correctly and migrated correctly to .Net 4 (was .Net 3.5 under VS2010). But we I try to build it I receive the following error : <<

The "SetInclusionListEntry" task failed unexpectedly.
    System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Office.Runtime, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
    File name: 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Office.Runtime, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'
        at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Office.BuildTasks.SetInclusionListEntry.Execute()
        at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskExecutionHost.Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.ITaskExecutionHost.Execute()
        at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskBuilder.<ExecuteInstantiatedTask>d__26.MoveNext()

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
    To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
    Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
    To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog]. 

>>

I'm really lost, I have try with a new empty Excel 2010 Workbook (VTSO) project but I get the same error.

I'm running on Windows 7 32 bits and Office 2010 is correctly installed.

If anyone has any idea, many thanks in advance,

Best regards,

Pierre Huttin

Wednesday, August 5, 2015 1:30 PM

All replies

• Hi Pierre,

>> I'm really lost, I have try with a new empty Excel 2010 Workbook (VTSO) project but I get the same error.

Where your new VSTO project? Do you create under VS2010 or VS2015?

Have your installed VSTO runtime in your VS2015 environment? I am not sure what is your Office Edition, due to your Windows 7 32 bits, I think you could install 32-bit runtime.

# Visual Studio Tools for Office Runtime Overview
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/Bb608603.aspx

If you have installed the right VSTO runtime, I suggest you check the Windows update whether there is update about VSTO runtime failed.I suggest you check the target platform whether it is x86 or any cup.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, August 6, 2015 3:14 AM