XBOX Live API for WinRT application RRS feed

• Question

• I am developing a Metrostyle application for Windows 8. I would like to post the highscores in my App to 'LeaderBoards' of XBox and would like to retrieve the 'Friends' information as well.

Can anyone help me the process on how to integrate the XBox Live services and where can i get the API?

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 6:53 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for your interest in developing Metro style apps! There are a couple places you can check for information on this. One that you may already know about has great information, the App Hub. Another site to check is the Xbox developers site. These two sites should put you on the right track. Please post if you have any other questions or findings.

Thanks,

Jesse

• Proposed as answer by Jesse_F Wednesday, May 2, 2012 6:12 PM
    • Marked as answer by Roberts_EModerator Tuesday, April 30, 2013 9:18 PM
    Wednesday, March 14, 2012 7:54 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for your interest in developing Metro style apps! There are a couple places you can check for information on this. One that you may already know about has great information, the App Hub. Another site to check is the Xbox developers site. These two sites should put you on the right track. Please post if you have any other questions or findings.

Thanks,

Jesse

• Proposed as answer by Jesse_F Wednesday, May 2, 2012 6:12 PM
    • Marked as answer by Roberts_EModerator Tuesday, April 30, 2013 9:18 PM
    Wednesday, March 14, 2012 7:54 PM
  • You can not use the Xbox LIVE APIs unless you are an Xbox LIVE certified developer, so you will not be able to use features like Leaderboards.

Vicente Cartas Espinel - MVP XNA/DirectX

Twitter - VicenteCartas

Blog about C# and XNA Development

Blog about Role Playing Games

Friday, March 16, 2012 4:03 PM