none
.Net Framework RRS feed

• General discussion

• This software just got installed 10/8/2012. WE DID NOT PUT IT THERE. IT USED UP ALL OF MY FREE SPACE!!!!! Now, the add/remove software will not let me take it off. We ran just fine without it before!! DO NOT WANT IT!! WAS it an auto download form MS??? Take it out!!!!!
    Sunday, October 28, 2012 12:33 AM

All replies

• Can you please identify what software you are talking about? You've posted in the .NET Framework Setup forum, so is it the .NET Framework 4.0 Client Profile? What is your Windows version?

If it came through Windows Update, the easiest way to control updates is to change your settings to alert you when updates are available, but let you decide if/when to install them.

"Now, the add/remove software will not let me take it off." What error message do you get when you try to remove the software?

Sunday, October 28, 2012 1:49 PM
  • Change the status to "General Discussion"
    We are changing the issue type to "General Discussion" because you have not followed up with the necessary information. If you have more time to look at the issue and provide more information, please feel free to change the issue type back to “Question” by editing your initial post and click the button "Change Type" at the top of the post. If the issue is resolved, we will appreciate it if you can share the solution so that the answer can be found and used by other community members having similar questions.

Barry Wang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Tuesday, November 6, 2012 6:57 AM