SSRS Report doesn't load on SharePoint Report Viewer Webpart RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I currently have an issue with the SharePoint SSRS Report Viewer which I can't get to the bottom of. Hopefully someone here has a solution.

I am loading an SSRS report in a web part on a single SharePoint page where the parameters are being driven from the page the user was on previously. For example, if the user was in a product page for 'Coffee' and then clicked on the 'sales' link the 'sales' SharePoint page will open up and then the report in the web part will be filtered for 'coffee' products. This functionality is achievable by saving a cookie on the 'coffee' page which stores a value from the URL and then in the 'sales' page it appends the cookie value on to the end of the URL. For example: www.abc.com/sales.aspx?Product=Coffee. 

This works well the majority of the time but sometimes the chart in the web part doesn't load and a cross is displayed instead to signify an error (similar icon to when an image doesn't load). This happens more often after refreshing the page and sometimes when accessing the page directly. 

Can anyone help with this or know why this might be happening?

This is being run on SQL Server 2008 R2, SSRS 2008, SharePoint 2010, IE11 (however the reports  in SharePoint render in IE8)

Thanks!

Monday, May 28, 2018 4:47 AM

All replies

• Hi jgow49

According to your description ,per my understanding , you got two pages (pages A, pages B) ,page B have a report (report B) embedded .

If so , I suggest you to do the following checks to get more information about your issue.

1 Check if there is parameter in Report B, if there is , how did you set in the expression in parameter ?(get from url or get from page A)

2 Run the page B under the “developer tools”  mode , and select the “not load icon” and found if the chart are render or not .

3 Check the cookie time. Try to use different cookie time to check .

4 Try to clean the browser ‘s cache and restart the SSRS services and check again.

5 Try to get more error information in log files , see Reporting Services Log Files and Sources

Hope it can help you.

Best Regards,

Eric Liu

Best Regards, Eric Liu MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer if the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Monday, May 28, 2018 7:21 AM