none
4010 5010 vis a vis Bug or What? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a TP who is sending us 4010 and 5010 files (270 to be precise). I have a single Org setted up for him in PAM and I have enabled the ISA11 (checkbox) checked for him in PAM. I have 2 routes for him one ReceiveLocation (4010) has the property UseISA11asRepetitionSeparator to false in  EDI Dissassembler and the other route 5010 has UseISA11asRepetitionSeparator to true
    Things work fine except when the TP sends us a 4010 file which has U character value in the data segment for 4010. It just throws exception!!!!!!Since in 4010 ISA11 value is alwys U, I am dead stuck how to get by it? The disassembler should ignore it since UseISA11asRepetitionSeparator to false for the entire data segments, apparently it doesn't!!!

SV
    Monday, December 19, 2011 3:52 PM

Answers

• You can not support one party with both 4010 and 5010. At least, we could not get it to work. The way we solved this was by setting up the party to go 5010. Then when they send us a 4010, use the failed routing to catch those 4010 messages. Bind that send port with a made up 4010 party and then route it to the 4010 destination. This works well but it is a real pain because it will generate failed routing reports and also look like errors on the logs.

We had to do this for a specific party, but it is only a temporary solution. The only other way to do this is to get the party to change the ISA segments or create a different directory so they can drop the 4010 files and then use an orchestration to overwrite the ISA segments. You will process the 270 and respond back with the 271 and overwirte the ISA segments on the same orchestration.

Please Indicate "Mark as Answer" if this Post has Answered the Question
    Monday, December 19, 2011 4:09 PM

All replies

• You can not support one party with both 4010 and 5010. At least, we could not get it to work. The way we solved this was by setting up the party to go 5010. Then when they send us a 4010, use the failed routing to catch those 4010 messages. Bind that send port with a made up 4010 party and then route it to the 4010 destination. This works well but it is a real pain because it will generate failed routing reports and also look like errors on the logs.

We had to do this for a specific party, but it is only a temporary solution. The only other way to do this is to get the party to change the ISA segments or create a different directory so they can drop the 4010 files and then use an orchestration to overwrite the ISA segments. You will process the 270 and respond back with the 271 and overwirte the ISA segments on the same orchestration.

Please Indicate "Mark as Answer" if this Post has Answered the Question
    Monday, December 19, 2011 4:09 PM
  • Above solution was confirmed by MSFT
    SV
    Monday, December 19, 2011 4:19 PM