none
Message Assignment Shape

Question

• Hello everyone !

I wrote a BizTalk project which should set a relationship between two entities in dynamic CRM. For achieve this goal I used Associate message from organisation service. And   as you know associate message gets GUID of two entities record, but in my orchestration I saved GUID's in to additional class library.  I thought to use Message Assignment shape but it didn't solve my problem.

How can I set GUIDs from additional library to Associate Message into appropriate fields?

Thanks In advance.

E.T.

Saturday, July 29, 2017 1:13 PM

All replies

• , but in my orchestration I saved GUID's in to additional class library.

So...this sounds a lot more complicated than it should be.

If you have both Entities in Scope, us a Map to create the Associate.

If all you have are the EntityReference values, use a Map to create a shell Associate using Distinguished Fields on the left and right relationships.

Saturday, July 29, 2017 1:30 PM
  • But in map I need to set connection between any "temp message"(which contains all appropriate field) and Associate Message, in this case I should initialise all fields in " temp message " from class library. I haven't  idea how can I write data into "temp message" for create Map. Can you give an advise?

E.T.

Saturday, July 29, 2017 3:02 PM
  • Do you have both Entities you need to Associate or just their Entity References?
    Saturday, July 29, 2017 3:48 PM
  • no, I have only both entities GUID which already created.

E.T.

Saturday, July 29, 2017 7:46 PM
  • It's very simple provided you don't over think it :).

Use a Map to create the Associate Message with temporary values where the Entity Reference values would go. The source of the Map doesn't matter so much so you can use whatever Message is most convenient.

Using either the Orchestration xpath() function or Distinguished Fields, set the Entity Reference values in the Associate Message you just created.

Send the Associate to CRM.

Very important, you don't need any external collections or other classes, just variables.  Using another class library doesn't give you anything other than a bit more complication than is necessary.

Sunday, July 30, 2017 4:39 PM