none
Enabling mailbox for Outlook.com Calendar REST API. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello! First off, I apologize if I am making any mistakes with this post, this is my first time.

As for my question, I have just recently registered an app through Outlook Dev Center with the intention to use the Calendar REST API to create and view events from my Outlook.com calendars. I went through the process of granting permissions to use the app located at https://dev.outlook.com/RestGettingStarted and got a response from the server that I was successfully authorized. However, I went to the Outlook OAuth Sandbox and connected my personal account that I gave permission to but keep getting the response that my mailbox is not yet support by REST API. I have had troubles finding information on how to fix this error, but did read that I could get a test account from Microsoft by emailing outlookdev@microsoft.com and requesting one. It has been quite a while and I am still yet to hear a response. Would anyone have any solutions on how to fix this error? Is there a way I can manually enable REST API for my mailbox?

Thanks for the help! Again, I apologize if this is in the wrong location or I made any other mistakes!

Friday, October 30, 2015 7:57 PM

Answers

• Hi purdude92,

>> I gave permission to but keep getting the response that my mailbox is not yet support by REST API.
    This issue was caused that your account has not been enabled mailboxes on Outlook.com for the Outlook REST API.

As the link below, because enabling mailboxes on Outlook.com for the Outlook REST API happens over a period of time, your existing Outlook.com account may take a while to get enabled. To test your app accessing data on Outlook.com mailboxes that have already been enabled, you can request a new, enabled Outlook.com developer preview account by emailing outlookdev@microsoft.com.  

# Use the Outlook REST API
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/office/office365/APi/use-outlook-rest-api#OutlookRESTCaution

>> Would anyone have any solutions on how to fix this error? Is there a way I can manually enable REST API for my mailbox?

No, I am afraid the only solution is waiting for Outlook.com.

Sorry for any inconvenient.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, November 2, 2015 6:20 AM

All replies

• Hi purdude92,

>> I gave permission to but keep getting the response that my mailbox is not yet support by REST API.
    This issue was caused that your account has not been enabled mailboxes on Outlook.com for the Outlook REST API.

As the link below, because enabling mailboxes on Outlook.com for the Outlook REST API happens over a period of time, your existing Outlook.com account may take a while to get enabled. To test your app accessing data on Outlook.com mailboxes that have already been enabled, you can request a new, enabled Outlook.com developer preview account by emailing outlookdev@microsoft.com.  

# Use the Outlook REST API
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/office/office365/APi/use-outlook-rest-api#OutlookRESTCaution

>> Would anyone have any solutions on how to fix this error? Is there a way I can manually enable REST API for my mailbox?

No, I am afraid the only solution is waiting for Outlook.com.

Sorry for any inconvenient.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Monday, November 2, 2015 6:20 AM
  • Thank you for the response. I feared that would be the case. Would you happen to know a timeline when Microsoft is planning to complete this process?
    Monday, November 2, 2015 3:26 PM
  • Hi purdude92,

To be honesty, this forum is for developer discussions and questions involving Microsoft Outlook. We do not know the timeline. I suggest you wait for outlookdev@microsoft.com.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Edward

• Proposed as answer by Jen-UFA Sunday, November 8, 2015 12:56 AM
    Tuesday, November 3, 2015 1:27 AM