The following forum(s) are migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Developing Universal Windows apps!

Ask new questions on Microsoft Q&A (Preview).
Interact with existing posts until December 13, 2019, after which content will be closed to all new and existing posts.

Learn More

none
Problem with LoadListingInformationAsync In App Purchases Windows Phone 8.1 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

I am trying to implement IAPs on Windows Phone (Universal App, C++ project using WinRT C++/CX runtime component), I was able to run it using CurrentAppSimulator class and everything worked fine, now I tried CurrentApp and it simply cannot load listing with LoadListingInformationAsync() - it throws an COMException saying "The text associated with this error couldnt be found".

There is version in the store (only available to specified people), I have Internet (Client & Server) capability turned on.

Here is the code:

CoreApplication::MainView->CoreWindow->Dispatcher->RunAsync(CoreDispatcherPriority::Normal, ref new DispatchedHandler([this]()
        {
                try
                {
                    task<ListingInformation^>loadListingTask(CurrentApp::LoadListingInformationAsync());
                    loadListingTask.then([this](task<ListingInformation^> ll)
                    {
                            listing = ll.get(); // crashes here
                    });
                }
                catch (::Platform::Exception^ e)
                {
                    // error
                }
        }));

Any ideas?

• Edited by ghua Monday, August 10, 2015 10:48 AM
    Monday, August 10, 2015 10:18 AM

All replies

• Hi ghua,

"The text associated with this error couldn’t be found" seems not enough for troubleshooting. According to the method: CurrentApp.LoadListingInformationAsync | loadListingInformationAsync method

If the method fails, it returns an HRESULT error code. Can you see the HRESULT error code anywhere and show it to us?

I guess the problem is related to the method does not find things in the store. Or there are some permission problem. Have you test some other methods? Can they return the result?

Best regards,

Barry

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, August 11, 2015 6:33 AM
  • Hello Barry!

HRESULT code is 805A0194, I am running app on NOKIA LUMIA 930 Win Phone 8.1. It has connection to the internet through wifi, but no sim card.

APs are configured correctly I think (4 of them, 1 non consumable, 3 consumable, all passed submission 100%). I have associated my app with the name in store.

I am logged in as same user as I define in "Pricing and availability" (just one user so no semicolons involved) - I uploaded my app to the app store with "Only available to specified people"

Problem may be related to the fact that even if i take share URL from App Management / App Identity, copy it to the phone (I CAN see the app) I am still unable to download it - I get:

"There has been a problem completing your request. Try again later" with error code 80073cf9

It is like for some reason app store thinks I dont have right credentials to see the app and cuts any connection

Any ideas?

• Edited by ghua Tuesday, August 11, 2015 1:53 PM
    Tuesday, August 11, 2015 1:38 PM
  • Hello ghua,

The error 805A0194 seems related to the store. What about ask for support from here:

https://dev.windows.com/en-us/community/windows-app-support

Best regards,

Barry 

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, August 26, 2015 7:50 AM