Fast way to close down/dismiss all open Flyouts, AppBars & Popups showing in my app?

Question

• Is there a convenient way to hide/exit down all the currently visible Popups and any visible Flyouts?  I have a few operations that are launched from a Flyout or appBar and open a popup or two, and I'd like to clean everything up before showing another popup that is hosted by the pageRoot, without having to track everything that's open and then hiding them or forcing the user to light dismiss multiple times (E.g. - Light dismiss to close Flyout opened by app bar button, then light dismiss again to close app bar).

-- roschler

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 5:53 PM

Answers

• Hi roschler,

Can I understand you need a button like "Win+D" does for desktop?

but sorry, I don't think there is "some" easy way for you to quickly close/dismiss all opened flyouts and appbars or even popups. The possible way I think is to track all the states, while some event been fired, hide/close/dismiss all the popups, flyouts.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Thursday, February 20, 2014 6:53 AM