none
How graph manger react with s3 (sleep) operation? RRS feed

• Question

• I tried to play a file, then entering s3 state. With the EC_COMPLETE event that graph manager post, I paused the graph, then wait the resume operation. After resume it, I don't get any event notify from graph manager. So, the screen is look like still and no response. My question is how the graph edit can resume playback state after s3 state?

Friday, November 26, 2010 5:08 AM

All replies

• Why do you need to do anything special when the computer sleeps? The CPU and devices are powered down, so your application will naturally be put to sleep without you doing anything, and it will be restored to its previous state when the system is resumed.

MVP :: DirectShow / MediaFoundation <http://www.riseoftheants.com/mmx/faq.htm>
    Monday, November 29, 2010 8:43 PM
  • The renderer loses the surface as a result of the sleep on some systems, especially if sleep resumes to login screen rather than the desktop.  The graph does automatically recover after the EC_DISPLAY_CHANGED in windowed mode, however it will not if you are using windowless mode unless you handle the message yourself.  
    www.chrisnet.net
    Monday, November 29, 2010 8:54 PM