Adding Folder into a Created Project - Visual Studio 2005 RRS feed

• Question

• Hey I have VS 2005 and I wanted to know how I can create multiple folders (and even Projects??) into one already created project.  

Currently I'm using the Project Creation Wizard that automatically sets up the Shared DB folder and a Report folder.  But I was wondering if I could break that down into other folders within Reports and also add in "Sub-Projects" within these folders as well.  

I tried creating a Solution Folder to the Main Solution - however - I can't seem to move it around.  

Is there a simple UI I can use to add in additional folders? Or is there some heavy coding I need to implement in order for this to happen? Or is it even possible at all? 

Wednesday, July 9, 2014 6:13 PM

Answers

• Hi,

For all Visual Studio projects, we can add folders to the project through right clicking the project in solution explorer and selecting Add->New Folder, but we can’t add projects to the project level folder. We can only add projects to solution level folders or under solution. And the solution folder can't be moved.

Thanks,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by Amanda Zhu Wednesday, July 16, 2014 1:41 AM
    • Marked as answer by Amanda Zhu Wednesday, July 16, 2014 10:05 AM
    Friday, July 11, 2014 6:30 AM