none
AS2 Receive Port BizTalk 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Do I need to write a custom pipeline (Disassembler stage) so that inbound map will be executed in the RL ?  Once MDN is generated in AS2 disassemble stage, message is sent to Messagebox and it's not executing inbound map. 

Any ideas? 

Monday, March 26, 2018 9:17 PM

All replies

• So...the thing is, you really shouldn't be executing a map on an MDN.

BizTalk AS2 just works naturally out of the box for MDN and usually EDI Acks as well.

It also just works for EDI content and Receive Port maps will fire like any other EDI content.

Are you receiving non-EDI content over AS2?

Monday, March 26, 2018 10:30 PM
  • Hi

Thanks for you're reply.  I'm execute map in the receive port(Inbound) to convert incoming 3rd party message to another message.  Receive port in a 2-way.  I think after it execute AS2 disassembler(which generates the MDN) , "(I think)" It does call the inbound with MDN(and it fails?).  

"Are you receiving non-EDI content over AS2?" - > Receiving message from Service bus relay which is converted to AS2 format in the pipeline

Monday, March 26, 2018 11:29 PM
  • Sorry, that last line doesn't  make too much sense.  You wouldn't convert to AS2 on a receive.

Tuesday, March 27, 2018 12:39 AM
  • Hi,

Inbound is a AS2 request.  BizTalk receives it via webHttpRelaybinding. Pipeline component prepares inbound msg to downstream which BizTalk AS2 components will process.
    Tuesday, March 27, 2018 12:42 PM
  • But what Pipeline Component?

All you should need is the AS2EDI Disassembler.

Tuesday, March 27, 2018 12:55 PM
  • Ok.  We have a custom pipeline to downstream AS2 via webHttpRelay.  Then, AS2 Decoder and AS2 disassembler.  If I remove, AS2 disassembler, inbound maps executes but the problem is, it's processing same message(by removing AS2 Dis ACK MDN is not passed back?).
    Tuesday, March 27, 2018 1:11 PM