Theme change in application at run time

• Hi,

How  to Use  more than  three Themes in application and switch these Themes at run time with out restarting the application in window 8.1. I have seen lot links those describe only about DARK AND LIGHT Theme  So I am able to switch Only between two Own theme (Light,Dark)

In above link, In this application three Themes are Implemented. can you tell me how that thing will implement .

tell me any suggestion or any solution for switching between more than three themes at runtime without restarting app. 

Monday, August 04, 2014 10:19 AM

All replies

• This isn't directly built in functionality like dark vs. Light themes. You will need to define this yourself.

To do custom themes you can set up different resource dictionaries with styles for the different themes you want to use and then select which dictionary to use based on the user's chosen theme.

Monday, August 04, 2014 1:51 PM
  • I have setup different resource dictionaries with styles for the different themes like (style1.xaml,style2.xaml and style3.xaml).  add their path in App.xaml file. but now problem is how to switch these style in my application at runtime without restarting application. 

Tuesday, August 05, 2014 6:23 AM