Flipview layout issues when used inside listview RRS feed

• Question

• I'm working with a design that requires using a flipview inside of a grouped listview.  The basics seem to be working.  My data is being loaded, the template function is working, etc...Only, the elements inside the template (currently only an image), are getting pushed over to the right what seems to be the width of one of the button controls.  (See attached image).  Interestingly, when navigating (clicking one of the nav buttons), the flipview momentarily fills the entire area with the template content, but then "snaps" back immediately to the incorrectly positioned view.  Can't figure out how to resolve this.  Also noticed when inspecting the DOM at runtime that the item do seem to have been moved left 70px.  Tried then setting the container class on the item to be at left: 0px ... but that does not work.  Seems that the layout gets re-written at runtime.  Have tried using a pure javascript approach (various sliders) -- but having equaly challenges with layout with them as well.  Basically the listivew seems to pull things out of the DOM and restyle/reinsert them at runtime thus frustrating my attempts.

Would greatly appreciate any advice - hoping someone has already seen and found a solution.

Cheers

• Edited by bladebunny Saturday, October 13, 2012 10:20 PM
    Saturday, October 13, 2012 10:20 PM

All replies

• Hi Bunny,

I have not seen this.

Can you post a simple project that reproduces the issue for us to investigate?

-Jeff

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

Monday, October 15, 2012 3:47 PM
  • Certainly, here you go.....The actual app we're building is, of course, substantially more complex - but this seems to exhibit the same behavior...

https://skydrive.live.com/embed?cid=CE9A3A32B4607A3F&resid=CE9A3A32B4607A3F%21170&authkey=AJctL8wEkJxA0C8

C++ and MFC Rock!

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 2:01 PM
  • Items in a ListView control can contain other controls, but they can't contain a FlipView or another ListView.

See http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/br211837.aspx (under Remarks)

Regards,

Wriju

Sunday, October 28, 2012 2:14 PM