none
How to convert xml file from dataset to different xml format? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have xml file created from the dataset. But the elements in the xml file are listed as in the column of the tables in the database.

But I want rearrange and change the elements name as I needed and save as different xml file.

Can sombody please help or advice me in the right direction?

Advance thanks
    Vaish

Monday, December 25, 2006 5:24 PM

Answers

All replies

• If you know XSL you could write one and perform an XSLTranslation on the xml...
    Tuesday, December 26, 2006 1:01 AM
  • XslCompileTransform is the class that can be used for this in the .NET Framework 2.0.
    Wednesday, January 10, 2007 3:33 AM
  • The Best solution I have on inter abou this topic is found here. They Exactly tell how to

Convert XML to Access

Convert Access to XML

Conversion from XML to Access

Conversion from Access to XML

http://www.sharpeffect.net/AccesstoXML.htm

Sharp Access Converter is an advanced utility which helps you convert your MDB (MS Access) files to any format you wish (XLS, DBF, CSV, XML, PDF, HTML, CHM, RTF, HLP, DOC) easily and quickly. The software supports a batch conversion, a run from command line, more than 50 languages. Batch conversion ability allows you to convert a unlimited number of MDB files at a time. Important note: MS Access doesn't need to be installed (that saves your money).

Partial Features List
    reads MDB (MS Access) files exports to XLS, CSV, DBF, XML, PDF (does not require Adobe Acrobat to be installed), HTML, CHM, RTF (MS Word does not need to be installed), MS DOC (MS Word) supports batch conversion (registered version only) command line support supports multiple charsets supports queries to select the data (since v1.09) easy to use and easy to set up supports advanced PDF export options (document information, 40/128 bits PDF encryption, PDF security options, page size, page orientation and page margins, resolution mode, compression mode, viewer options) supports multiple CHM and HLP export options multi-language support, skin support ...and more Since 1.15 the program is able to merge Access tables into one Excel file. Since 1.18 Amber has a "custom HTML export" option (convert a Access file, record by record, to individual .HTML files).

Thursday, February 1, 2007 7:56 PM