none
how can I sign a LAP Dll? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi frineds,

I have compiled the LAP password sample that comes with wince6.0 development platform in VS2005. I was able to get the LAP_PW.dll file in windows folder when I launch the device emulator. Here my problem is the LAPP_PW.dll is functioning the way it has to. After that I came to know that I have to sign the DLL before its use, here only I am facing the problem that I am not getting how to sing the DLL in a wince6.0 platform development environment.

please let me know the procedure that how to sing the dll in a wince6.0 platform development in VC++ VS2005

thanks in advance

Thursday, December 8, 2011 4:27 AM

All replies

• To sign a module you use an application called signfile (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/library/ee498332(v=WinEmbedded.60).aspx).

But: any module with ROM attribute set on the file (i.e. any module you include in the OS image at build) is considered to be fully trusted, so you probably do not need to sign the module.

Luca Calligaris lucaDOTcalligarisATeurotechDOTcom www.eurotech.com Check my blog: http://lcalligaris.wordpress.com
    Monday, December 12, 2011 8:31 AM
  • Thank you Luca Calligars. I am building the lap_pw application in the OS images only

here what I did is

1. Build LAP password application comes with wince6.0 development platform 

2. Build was successfull

3.  lap_pw.dll is coming into window folder if I connect the device emulator

4. I have also build the lassctl sample application

5. Build was successfull but this lassctl.exe is not appearing any where when i connect to the device emulator

6. Here my problem is now how can I set password to my user

7.Before sysgen  I have set the LAP registry entries like this

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\Security\LASSD\LAP\lap_pw]
       "Dll"="lap_pw.dll"
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\Security\LASSD\LAP]
       "ActiveLap"="lap_pw"		

Tuesday, December 13, 2011 4:56 AM