Remote Load test execution takes forever to start RRS feed

• Question

• For the last 2 weeks I have been running several load tests a day, and over the course of that time it seems that my load tests take longer and longer to start.

I have it configured to do a remote execution, and it just goes slow.  When I change the setting back to local execution the test will start right up.  The worst thing is that the wait to actually start the load test is getting longer and longer.  I have cleared all my test results from my load test repository, I have restarted all machines, controllers, agents, visual studio, I even reindexed my repository.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 7:29 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I would like to know whether the issue only occurs with remote execution and local execution is fine. If yes, please provide us more information to narrow down this issue:

1. Which version are your VS, test controller and test agent?
    2. Which type of tests are in your load test? If it is coded UI test, please make sure that your virtual user is set to one.
    3. Please reconfigure your test controller and test agent, then run the load test with less virtual user for example 1 virtual user to check the result.
    4. In order to check if the issue only occurs at the specific load test, please create a new and simple unit test/web test, add it into a new load test then run the load test to check the result.

Also you can collect test controller log and test agent log to see whether there are any useful information:

How to enable test controller logs

How to enable test agent logs

In addition, you can use Process Monitor: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645.aspx to see whether other processes impact the test running.

Thanks,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by Amanda Zhu Wednesday, October 30, 2013 1:47 AM
    • Marked as answer by Amanda Zhu Thursday, October 31, 2013 1:31 AM
    Thursday, October 24, 2013 6:53 AM