none
sql error arithmetic overflow error converting float to data type numeric RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All

When i save my invoice sql server hitting error 'sql error arithmetic overflow error converting float to data type numeric'

All numeric fields are numeric(10,2)

Please help.

Regards.

Tariq iftikhar

Sunday, March 17, 2019 6:47 PM

Answers

• What number you're trying to send? You may want to add some front-end validations for min and max values of your input control to make sure the value is between allowed values.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

• Marked as answer by Tariq Iftikhar Wednesday, March 20, 2019 5:21 AM
    Sunday, March 17, 2019 9:34 PM
  • Dear All

When i save my invoice sql server hitting error 'sql error arithmetic overflow error converting float to data type numeric'

Please help.

Regards.

Tariq iftikhar

Hi,

Please provide the exact query which you use + the problematic value, so we will be able to examine it

signature   Ronen Ariely
     [Personal Site]    [Blog]    [Facebook]    [Linkedin]

Sunday, March 17, 2019 11:41 PM
  • Hi Tariq,

As mentioned by pituach, would you please provide the exact query which you use + the problematic value?

>>All numeric fields are numeric(10,2)

10 is the maximum total number of decimal digits to be stored. This number includes both the left and the right sides of the decimal point.

2  is the number of decimal digits that are stored to the right of the decimal point.

For more details, please refer tohttps://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/t-sql/data-types/decimal-and-numeric-transact-sql?view=sql-server-2017

Hope this could help you .

Best regards,

Dedmon Dai

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by Tariq Iftikhar Wednesday, March 20, 2019 5:20 AM
    Monday, March 18, 2019 8:55 AM

All replies

• What number you're trying to send? You may want to add some front-end validations for min and max values of your input control to make sure the value is between allowed values.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

Sunday, March 17, 2019 9:34 PM
  • Dear All

Please help.

Regards.

Tariq iftikhar

Hi,

Please provide the exact query which you use + the problematic value, so we will be able to examine it

signature   Ronen Ariely
     [Personal Site]    [Blog]    [Facebook]    [Linkedin]

Sunday, March 17, 2019 11:41 PM
  • Hi Tariq,

As mentioned by pituach, would you please provide the exact query which you use + the problematic value?

>>All numeric fields are numeric(10,2)

10 is the maximum total number of decimal digits to be stored. This number includes both the left and the right sides of the decimal point.

2  is the number of decimal digits that are stored to the right of the decimal point.

For more details, please refer tohttps://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/t-sql/data-types/decimal-and-numeric-transact-sql?view=sql-server-2017

Hope this could help you .

Best regards,

Dedmon Dai

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by Tariq Iftikhar Wednesday, March 20, 2019 5:20 AM
    Monday, March 18, 2019 8:55 AM
  • Hello friends,

Thanks for responding.

In save process of my invoice, six tables are involved.After checking in which table the above error is hitting, i found party table's balance field. setting party table's balance field to numeric(14,2), error stpped. Earliar it was numeric(10,2)

Regards.

Tariq Iftikhar

Wednesday, March 20, 2019 5:20 AM