Added New Columns Position in PowerPivot worksheet RRS feed

• Question

• When I add new columns in worksheet & arrange these columns position from last to middle, it works well.

But when I refresh my data then again those newly added columns position gets changed to last one.

Is there any solution for fix the postion of newly added columns in powerpivot worksheet???

Regards,

Mayur

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 9:39 AM

Answers

• Hi Mayur Lasure,

If I understand you correctly, you might be using SQL Server 2008 R2 PowerPivot for Excel, I can also reproduce this issue at local environment, it appear to me that this known issue, however there is no such kind of issue at SQL Server 2012 PowerPivot for Excel, if possible, could you please upgrade to the newer version. Thanks for your understanding.

Thanks,
    Challen Fu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Challen Fu Thursday, January 19, 2012 2:20 AM
    Friday, January 13, 2012 2:16 AM

All replies

• Hi Mayor,

Choose PivotTableOPtion and the left tab Layout & Format, deselect Autoformat on Update and select Preserve cell formating on update. This should fix your formatting.

Larra
    Tuesday, January 10, 2012 2:50 PM
  • Hi Larra,

There are two options

1) Autofit column width on Update

2) Preserve cell foramtting on Update

I tried above mentioned settings, please see following screenshot.

But still my formatted columns after refreshing the data does not preserved the position.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 5:00 AM
  • Mayur,

Your setting is correct and that should keep the formatting after any update. What is happening if you chage your filterselction?

Larra
    Wednesday, January 11, 2012 6:55 AM
  • Larra,

When I refresh the PowerPivot Worksheet data, then my newly added columns position gets changed.

Now requirement is I want newly added calculated columns position to be fixed in the middle position after refresh the data.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 10:09 AM
  • Hi Mayur Lasure,

If I understand you correctly, you might be using SQL Server 2008 R2 PowerPivot for Excel, I can also reproduce this issue at local environment, it appear to me that this known issue, however there is no such kind of issue at SQL Server 2012 PowerPivot for Excel, if possible, could you please upgrade to the newer version. Thanks for your understanding.

Thanks,
    Challen Fu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Challen Fu Thursday, January 19, 2012 2:20 AM
    Friday, January 13, 2012 2:16 AM
  • Hi Challen Fu,

Please guide me how to upgrade to SQL Server 2012 PowerPivot for Excel.

Am I required to buy new licence for SQL Server 2012 PowerPivot for Excel???

Thanks,

Mayur

Friday, January 13, 2012 6:22 AM
  • There is no need for you to buy new licence for SQL Server 2012 PowerPivot for Excel, just download the new add-in for your excel, which is available at this link http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=28150

Thanks,
    Challen Fu

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 9:00 AM
  • Hi Challen Fu,

There are 2 downloads available on mentioned website:

1) ENU\x64\PowerPivot_for_Excel_amd64.msi

2) ENU\x86\PowerPivot_for_Excel_x86.msi

Please suggest which version I need to download as my machine has 32-Bit version of Excel.

Thanks,

Mayur Lasure

Thursday, January 19, 2012 6:18 AM
  • Since you has 32-Bit version of Excel, please download the second one ENU\x86\PowerPivot_for_Excel_x86.msi

Thursday, January 19, 2012 8:21 AM