none
How to extract Slide data in 3rd part application from clipboard RRS feed

• Question

• I need to be able to copy/paste or drag/drop from PowerPoint into another application (C# WPF). In my OnDrop method the DragEventArgs Data has these formats:

[0]    "Preferred DropEffect"    string
            [1]    "InShellDragLoop"    string
            [2]    "PowerPoint 12.0 Internal Slides"    string
            [3]    "ActiveClipBoard"    string
            [4]    "PowerPoint 14.0 Slides Package"    string
            [5]    "Embedded Object"    string
            [6]    "Link Source"    string
            [7]    "Object Descriptor"    string
            [8]    "Link Source Descriptor"    string
            [9]    "PNG"    string
            [10]    "JFIF"    string
            [11]    "GIF"    string
            [12]    "Bitmap"    string
            [13]    "System.Drawing.Bitmap"    string
            [14]    "System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapSource"    string
            [15]    "EnhancedMetafile"    string
            [16]    "System.Drawing.Imaging.Metafile"    string
            [17]    "MetaFilePict"    string
            [18]    "PowerPoint 12.0 Internal Theme"    string
            [19]    "PowerPoint 12.0 Internal Color Scheme"    string

The "PowerPoint 14.0 Slides Package" is a byte array... can this be converted into Slides?

If not how would I go about getting high-resolution images + slide text from a drag/drop?

[Originally posted here: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2013_release-powerpoint/how-to-extract-slide-data-in-3rd-part-application/a0b5ed64-eb77-49bb-bf44-e0732e23a5eb]

Sunday, November 16, 2014 6:33 AM

All replies

• Hi Nick Ericson,

As far as I researched, the clipboard supports custom clipboard formats register, PowerPoint 14.0 Slides Package should be registered by the PowerPoint application. However I havn't found the document about this format.

I'm trying to involve some senior engineers into this issue and it will take some time. Your patience will be greatly appreciated.

Sorry for any inconvenience and have a nice day!

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, November 17, 2014 2:56 AM
  • Ping. Fei any luck?
    Friday, November 21, 2014 6:55 PM
  • Hi Nick,

Could you share a sample /repro steps which would illustrate the issue and probably share it over OneDrive?

Thanks

Sangeeth

Sangeeth,MSFT

Monday, November 24, 2014 7:32 PM
  • What I'd like to do:

• Open PowerPoint
    • In PPT open a presentation
    • In PPT select a slide
    • Drag it to my 3rd party WPF application
    • In the 3rd party WPF application drop handler get the slide data (text, background image, etc...).

When I do this I get the DragEventArgs Data (the clipboard data) and it has the 20 supported formats I listed in the 1st post. From these formats #4 seemed like it could have some useful info.

WPF

<Window x:Class="PowerPointDropSlide.MainWindow"
            xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/presentation"
            xmlns:x="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml"
            Title="MainWindow" Height="350" Width="525" AllowDrop="True" Drop="UIElement_OnDrop" DragOver="UIElement_OnDragOver">
        <Grid HorizontalAlignment="Stretch" VerticalAlignment="Stretch" Background="LightBlue">
            <TextBlock Text="Drop something here!"/>
        </Grid>
    </Window>

Handlers:

public void UIElement_OnDragOver(object sender, DragEventArgs e)
    {
    }

public void UIElement_OnDrop(object sender, DragEventArgs e)
    {
    	string[] supportedFormats = e.Data.GetFormats();

object pptSlidesPackage = e.Data.GetData("PowerPoint 14.0 Slides Package");
    }

Tuesday, December 9, 2014 1:01 AM
  • Because of its complexity your question falls into the paid support category which requires a more in-depth level of support.

If you need help in writing code to meet your requirements your question is for advisory support and  falls into the paid support category which requires a more in-depth level of support.  Please visit the below link to see the various paid support options that are available to better meet your needs. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=fh;en-us;offerprophone
    If the support engineer determines that the issue is the result of a bug the service request will be a no-charge case and you won't be charged

Sangeeth,MSFT

Monday, January 5, 2015 7:48 PM