none
How to create two same receive WCF-ORACLE locations RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have an application that gets data from WCF-ORACLE receive location based on the execution of a Store procedure. Now, I need another receive location in another applicaiton to receive the polling data from the same DB.

When I try to create the another Receive Location with the same URI , it gives me error as "Address should be unique". Kindly advice how to proceed in this case for the WCF-ORACLE adapter. (Whether anything similiar to the InboundId property in the WCF-SQL Adapter)

Regards, Vivin.

Monday, August 18, 2014 10:20 AM

Answers

• Yes, in oracledb, it is named as PollingId.

Are you generating two different polling schemas? If yes, then you can use different PollingIds while generating the schemas (e.g; oracledb://biztalk/?PollingId=_YourProcName_1 and oracledb://biztalk/?PollingId=_YourProcName_2). Then use same PollingId on the Receive Locations.

Actually, PollingId/InboundId become part of the Namespace of Generated Schema and you need to use same PollingId/InboundId in your receive location to match the namespace.

If this answers your question please mark as answer. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful by clicking the upward arrow mark next to my reply.

Monday, August 18, 2014 1:16 PM
  • If you used the Wizard, you would have had to specify the PollingId querystring parameter which is comparable to the WCF SQL Adapter's InboundId property.

That specifically is what makes the URI unique.

With that, the Receive Locations are not the same, even though they may connect to the same Oracle instance/package.

• Marked as answer by Vivin Muthu Tuesday, August 19, 2014 4:31 AM
    Monday, August 18, 2014 2:46 PM

All replies

• Hi Vivin,

You can pass temporary parameters in your InboundIds to make them unique. Check this thread!

If this answers your question please mark as answer. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful by clicking the upward arrow mark next to my reply.

Monday, August 18, 2014 11:08 AM
  • Let me recommend that instead of using two identical Receive Locations, you configure both apps to subscribe to the same Messages.

Meaning, 1 Receive Location, 2 Subscribers.

Monday, August 18, 2014 12:28 PM
  • Hi Johns,

The URI of the receive location is the same but the polling statement is different for the applications, so how it can be possible???

Hi Muhammad,

The polling statements can be idenfied using the 'InboundId' in the WCF-SQL adapter by providing the same while generating schema. Kindly advice is there anyway to provide any uniqueid while generating the schema for polling statement in oracledb.

Regards, Vivin.

Monday, August 18, 2014 12:57 PM
  • Yes, in oracledb, it is named as PollingId.

Are you generating two different polling schemas? If yes, then you can use different PollingIds while generating the schemas (e.g; oracledb://biztalk/?PollingId=_YourProcName_1 and oracledb://biztalk/?PollingId=_YourProcName_2). Then use same PollingId on the Receive Locations.

Actually, PollingId/InboundId become part of the Namespace of Generated Schema and you need to use same PollingId/InboundId in your receive location to match the namespace.

Monday, August 18, 2014 1:16 PM
  • If you used the Wizard, you would have had to specify the PollingId querystring parameter which is comparable to the WCF SQL Adapter's InboundId property.

That specifically is what makes the URI unique.

With that, the Receive Locations are not the same, even though they may connect to the same Oracle instance/package.

• Marked as answer by Vivin Muthu Tuesday, August 19, 2014 4:31 AM
    Monday, August 18, 2014 2:46 PM