How to create standardized web application? RRS feed

• Question

• User1167552332 posted

I want to know which information i need to handle and to store for a stadard web application or a website. for eg. i know that i have to handle online number of clicks per page and session history. i want to know what and how  to store and manage such information for website standardisation?

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 2:41 AM

Answers

• User-1909838748 posted

As per my understanding, for your requirement, there is no industry standard.

For tracking visitors’ clicks and all, you can use Bing Analytics and Google Analytics

Both of these platform offers API;s , so you can programmatically access your website data.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, May 25, 2011 9:00 AM
  • User-481631678 posted

You can create a session_log table which will contain user login/logout detail.

A table as navigation_log which will contain details of pages visited by that user. It will contain FK from session_log.

A table as action_log which will contain details of action taken by user on particular page. it will contain FK from navigation log.

With the help of these three table , i can track which user was login into our system, what pages he visited and what action he performed.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 9:17 AM
  • User-481631678 posted

Google Analytics is Free and you can also configure single account to handle multiple web sites.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 11:01 AM

All replies

• User2130758966 posted

Are you referring to an industry standard, like an accreditation?

Web development isn't a standard thing, they are all different. Thats why we all have jobs :)

For tracking visitor information I always use Google Analytics rather than code it myself:

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 3:07 AM
  • User-481631678 posted

Information which you are refering is generally audit's requirement. IS Auditors wants that certain information about user should be recorded in system to ensure its security and integrity.

You better consult your client's auditor for such requirements or see the standards of IS Audit.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 4:24 AM
  • User1167552332 posted

but there must be a standard. I dont wanna be in the situation where client says i want that information and i say " what the hell ! i havent designed such functionality" . What i am tryna say is I think that there must be something like the functionality in facebook pages where we can see all the diagnosis of our page. like how many clicks were there . how , when and what ,the member was doing !

I am not sure if there is somethin like this. But if there is a stanard for web applications, i wanna learn about that !

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 6:38 AM
  • User-1909838748 posted

As per my understanding, for your requirement, there is no industry standard.

For tracking visitors’ clicks and all, you can use Bing Analytics and Google Analytics

Both of these platform offers API;s , so you can programmatically access your website data.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 9:00 AM
  • User-481631678 posted

You can create a session_log table which will contain user login/logout detail.

A table as navigation_log which will contain details of pages visited by that user. It will contain FK from session_log.

A table as action_log which will contain details of action taken by user on particular page. it will contain FK from navigation log.

With the help of these three table , i can track which user was login into our system, what pages he visited and what action he performed.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 9:17 AM
  • User1167552332 posted

Are these Services Bing and Google , free of cost ? I tried to Signin into Google Analytics. It is asking me the name of the website. Can i handle only one website with that or it supports multiple websites ?

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 10:35 AM
  • User-481631678 posted

Google Analytics is Free and you can also configure single account to handle multiple web sites.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 11:01 AM