none
activation_in_progress hangs in health reports - no stack - what causes this issue app or system os?

Question

• My top health issue on Windows 10 in the health reports is categorized as: activiation_in_progress

These sub items are given, but there are no stack traces.

Technically, what does this mean is wrong?  Is it an application problem or something wrong with the system?

Thanks for any comments in regard, Karhu.

APPLICATION_HANG_ACTIVATION_RESUME_PRELAUNCH_XPROC_WER_MISSING_XPROC_DUMP_cfffffff_<app>!activation_in_progress 4/16/2016 6:21:49 PM 10.1.49.0 Desktop Stack trace
    APPLICATION_HANG_ACTIVATION_LAUNCH_PRELAUNCH_XPROC_WER_MISSING_XPROC_DUMP_cfffffff_<app>!!activation_in_progress 4/17/2016 12:37:20 PM 10.1.49.0 Desktop Stack trace
    APPLICATION_HANG_ACTIVATION_LAUNCH_BlockedOn_EventHandle_cfffffff__<app>!!activation_in_progress 4/15/2016 1:20:26 PM 10.1.49.0 Desktop Stack trace
    APPLICATION_HANG_ACTIVATION_RESUME_PRELAUNCH_HungIn_LoaderLock_cfffffff__<app>!!activation_in_progress 4/15/2016 6:28:36 PM 10.1.49.0 Desktop Stack trace
    APPLICATION_HANG_ACTIVATION_RESUME_PRELAUNCH_XPROC_BlockedOn_ExternalProcess_cfffffff__<app>!!activation_in_progress

Karhu Koti

Monday, April 18, 2016 4:55 PM

All replies

• Hi karhukoti,

Welcome to the Developing Universal Windows apps forum!

Please read the sticky posts, especially the Guide to posting: subject line tags and Known Issues for Windows 10 SDK and Tools 

Because I need to know the type of your project and add tag to title.

Based your description, I am also not sure that where’s the issue? Could you reproduce this issue in your side? If you could provide a reproduce sample here, it would be helpful to us to locate this issue.

Best Regards,

Xavier Eoro

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, April 19, 2016 6:56 AM
  • Hi Xavier,

No, I cannot repro the issue.   It seems to only be in the field.

My app does not have a activation_in_progress method that I have personally defined, so I think this is some system level thing that is being called.

But, do you know if this function does translate to something in my code?

The stack track in the crash download only has that activiation_in_progress, nothing else.

Karhu Koti

Tuesday, April 19, 2016 10:11 AM