I have been reading all the possible blogs and MSDN articles...
I have been trying to add my dll under the device GAC without success.
1) My dll is signed ->MyLibrary.dll
2) I copy my dll under the device windows directory
3) I have a file called InstallMyLibrary.GAC that contains one line -> \Windows\MyLibrary.dll
4) I copy this file under the windows directory
As said in the articles "The next time you run a managed application, your dll will by added to the GAC...".
This is not happening!?
My dll is still under the Windows directory, it is not transformed into GAC_MyLibray.dll.
I'm also going this under the emulator. I have not yet try under the real device.
What could be wrong? What Am I missing here? Any recommended readings?
Thanks for your time.
I think I found it.
I was using a GAC file generated by a Visual Studio CAB project.
I tried what Peter is describing.
1) I have created a txt file using notepad.
2) Added the line about my assembly.
3) Renamed the file MyAssembly.GAC
4) Copied the file on the device under \Windows directory
5) Run a .Net App
It worked, this time my Assembly was intalled under the device GAC.
So it seems to be a Visual Stusio bug. Hope it will be fixed in Orcas.
Microsoft is conducting an online survey to understand your opinion of the Msdn Web site. If you choose to participate, the online survey will be presented to you when you leave the Msdn Web site.
Would you like to participate?