Theano will be unable to execute optimized C-implementations (for both CPU and GPU) RRS feed

• Question

• I am execute a python script in Azure machine learning studio. I am including other python scripts and python library, Theano. I can see the Theano get loaded and I got the proper result after script executed. But I saw the error message:

WARNING (theano.configdefaults): g++ not detected ! Theano will be unable to execute optimized C-implementations (for both CPU and GPU) and will default to Python implementations. Performance will be severely degraded. To remove this warning, set Theano flags cxx to an empty string.

Did anyone know how to solve this problem? Thanks!

Wednesday, October 17, 2018 4:13 AM

All replies

• Hello!

This is expected behavior due to how the environment is configured currently in ML Studio. Since it's just a warning, unless you're experiencing performance issues I wouldn't have any suggestions to make. 

Wednesday, October 17, 2018 3:06 PM
  • Hi Cody, 

Thanks for the reply. According to the warning message, the performance will be severely degraded. I am wondering if there is a solution to make Theano execute optimized C-implementations. 

Thanks.

Wednesday, October 17, 2018 5:55 PM
  • Upon further examination, I can confirm that you aren't going to be able to achieve this optimization using Studio.

If you want to use a Theano back-end, my suggestion is to go with Machine Learning Services where you can configure the environment to include the g++ compiler. 

Friday, October 19, 2018 2:53 PM
  • Hi Cody,

Thanks for the confirmation. 

Regards,

Friday, October 19, 2018 4:47 PM