none
relative vs. absolute text boxes RRS feed

• Question

• Compatibility between Office 2010 and Office 2003 is that relative text boxes will be converted to absolute text boxes.  What is the difference between a relative and an absolute text box?
    Tuesday, April 10, 2012 8:23 PM

Answers

• Hi impmentor,

Because you haven’t answered my posting on 4/11, I assume the posting answered your question.
    If in the future you would have any question, please start a new thread.

Regards,
    Vilmos

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 3:34 PM

All replies

• Hi impmentor,

Thank you for posting on the MSDN Forum. I think you are referring to the “textbox" element which is defined in the

ISO/IEC 29500-4
       Second edition
           2011-08-15

Information technology — Document
    description and processing languages —
    Office Open XML File Formats —
    Part 4:
    Transitional Migration Features

19.1.2.22   textbox (Text Box)

The textbox parent element shape describes the position with its style attribute. The position property of the style specifies the kind of positioning, the allowed values are: static, absolute, and relative; see “19.1.2.19 shape (Shape Definition)” of the same document.

If this doesn’t answer your question, then please be more specific and use an example. If you want to send file(s), then write an email to ‘dochelp(at)microsoft(dot)com’ indicating that it is for me and attach the files.

Regards,
    Vilmos Foltenyi - MSFT

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 6:15 AM
  • Hi impmentor,

Because you haven’t answered my posting on 4/11, I assume the posting answered your question.
    If in the future you would have any question, please start a new thread.

Regards,
    Vilmos

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 3:34 PM