none
Error Using SAP Adapter with SSIS RRS feed

• Question

•  

I am attempting to use the SAP Adapter from the beta 2 version of the Microsoft BizTalk Adapter Pack with SSIS on a x64 Windows 2003 server.

I have created a simple package that uses the adapter to query and return 50 records which are then dumped into a CSV file. When I run the package locally it completes without error. The local dev box is running an x86 version of Windows XP. However, when I deploy the package to the x64 server and attempt to run from a job I receive an error. Running the package from command line (dtexec) results in the same error:

Error: 2008-01-10 12:11:42.88
       Code: 0xC0047062
       Source: DFT - Simple SAP Extract to CSV DR_SRC - SAP Sample Query [485]
       Description: Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime.DtsCouldNotCreateManagedConnectionException: Could not create a managed connection manager.
       at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime.Wrapper.IDTSConnectionManager90.AcquireConnection(Object pTransaction)
       at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.DataReaderSourceAdapter.AcquireConnections(Object transaction)
       at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.ManagedComponentHost.HostAcquireConnections(IDTSManagedComponentWrapper90 wrapper, Object transaction)
    End Error

I have downloaded and compiled a x64 version of the RfcSdkClientChecker (http://blogs.gotdotnet.com/adapters/archive/2007/10/05/validating-sap-client-libraries.aspx) and it runs successfully with the following output:

ProtocolVersion=3
    SapRelease=6400
    PatchLevel=0
    PatchNumber=211

As I explained above, this same package is working as expected on x86. Unfortunately the ultimate production server will be x64 and that is where I am encountering the problems. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Pierre LaFromboise

Thursday, January 10, 2008 6:34 PM

Answers

• Hi!
    On your 64 bit box, can you install both - the 32 bit and 64 bit version of the Adapter Pack? Also make sure that you have both 32 and 64 bit versions of the RFC SDK Unicode Libraries installed on your 64 bit box. Then, run the RfcSdkClientChecker (both 32 and 64 bit versions) to make sure everything runs fine. And then finally, try out the SSIS scenario.
    NOTE - you only need the 64 bit version of the WCF LOB Adapter SDK on your 64 bit box.
    Mustansir
    Friday, January 11, 2008 4:27 AM

All replies

• Hi!
    On your 64 bit box, can you install both - the 32 bit and 64 bit version of the Adapter Pack? Also make sure that you have both 32 and 64 bit versions of the RFC SDK Unicode Libraries installed on your 64 bit box. Then, run the RfcSdkClientChecker (both 32 and 64 bit versions) to make sure everything runs fine. And then finally, try out the SSIS scenario.
    NOTE - you only need the 64 bit version of the WCF LOB Adapter SDK on your 64 bit box.
    Mustansir
    Friday, January 11, 2008 4:27 AM
  • I have not installed the 32bit Adapter on the server. However, I will try this to see if it makes a difference.

The 32 bit SAP RFC SDK had been installed on the server. However, the 32 bit RfcSdkClientChecker isn't detecting the dlls. So, I will attempt to reinstall.

Thanks for the feedback. I will let you know what the results are.

Friday, January 11, 2008 5:11 PM
  • On a 64 bit machine,
    the 32 bit dlls must be present in c:\windows\syswow64
    the 64 bit dlls must be present in c:\windows\system32
    Friday, January 11, 2008 5:26 PM
  •  Mustansir - MSFT wrote:
    On a 64 bit machine,
    the 32 bit dlls must be present in c:\windows\syswow64
    the 64 bit dlls must be present in c:\windows\system32

The RFC SDK DLLs have been placed into the correct directories. And, both checker utilities are now returning without error. I have also reinstalled the x64 adapters. The ssis package is now running as expected. Thanks!

Friday, January 11, 2008 8:57 PM