The report you requested requires further information RRS feed

• Question

• User-799507451 posted

When I press next page button on the crystal report toolbar I get "The report you requested requires further information" message.

I use SqlDataSource and bind parameters using datasources onselecting event like:

"e.Command.Parameters["YIL"].Value = ddl_yil.SelectedValue;"

And I also use a button to get report. On button click event data is binded to CrystalReportViewer "CRV..DataBind();"

I press my button and I get the first page of the report. It works fine so far. When I press the next page I get the message mentioned above.

I use:
    VS 2008
    Crystal reports bundeled with VS 2008

Thanks in advance.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011 11:13 AM

Answers

• User1196771204 posted

hi kalyon,

have you made sure you setup your Crystal Report properly?

1. Please make sure you have the correct Crystal Report version installed on your system
    2. Please make sure you have the correct assemblies applied on your web.config
    3. Please make sure your Crystal Report operates under LOCAL SERVICE permission
    4. Please make sure full trust mode is enabled on your operating folder
    5. Please make sure the aspnet_client and crystalreportviewer folders are copied to your operating folder

If you have made sure all the 5 points above, your CR should work directly. If you still have problems, you may try to host your site on a crystal report provider. One that I can suggest is asphostcentral.com and you may try to deploy your project to their server. It should work directly.

Please mark this response as an "answer" if it helps you. Thank you so much!

:-) 

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, June 23, 2011 3:23 AM

All replies

• User1196771204 posted

hi kalyon,

may I please know how did you host this Crystal Report? Do you host it on a shared server? If you do, have you contacted your host to find out the correct connection string details?

It seems that this is the problem with the connection. Once this is rectified, the error message should go away. Please keep me posted. 

Tuesday, June 21, 2011 11:55 PM
  • User-799507451 posted

Hi necro_mancer,

I use my development PC. I have not published to server yet.

Edit:

One more thing:

As I mentioned I use SqlDataSource for the CrystalReportSource and SqlDataSource has (ConnectionString="<%$ ConnectionStrings:cs_s %>"). cs_s is in webconfig file and works for other db connecitons.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 2:07 AM
  • User1196771204 posted

hi kalyon,

have you made sure you setup your Crystal Report properly?

1. Please make sure you have the correct Crystal Report version installed on your system
    2. Please make sure you have the correct assemblies applied on your web.config
    3. Please make sure your Crystal Report operates under LOCAL SERVICE permission
    4. Please make sure full trust mode is enabled on your operating folder
    5. Please make sure the aspnet_client and crystalreportviewer folders are copied to your operating folder

If you have made sure all the 5 points above, your CR should work directly. If you still have problems, you may try to host your site on a crystal report provider. One that I can suggest is asphostcentral.com and you may try to deploy your project to their server. It should work directly.

Please mark this response as an "answer" if it helps you. Thank you so much!

:-) 

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, June 23, 2011 3:23 AM