none
Upgrading .Net1.1 to Net2.0 Framework DataSet.GetXml () throws Serialization error . RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have a Win Application . We have used a data grid in one our transactions . The Datasource of tha mentioned grid contains simple as well as complex types ( Sytem.Object ) . Internally the System Object refers to a 1 Hashtable + 2 Custom classes. When we try to GetXml()  of the above mentioned datasource it throws Type

'ESolutions.SME.BOS.MessageTypes.taxInfoListType is the one of our custom classes.

'ESolutions.SME.BOS.MessageTypes.taxInfoListType,
     "ESolutions.Service.Types, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c603eb870447bf0c' does not implement IXmlSerializable interface therefore can not proceed with serialization.  "

This problem exists only after our migration of the application from .Net1.1 to .Net 2.0 .

Kindly help me us resolve the above mentioned issue .

Regards
    3e Team

Friday, October 19, 2007 10:15 AM

All replies

•  

I am hitting the same problem. Its related to one or more of the component fields in the dataset being of data type "Object" instead of String, Integer etc. Will post back if I find out more..

Please reply if you have solved it already

Friday, November 30, 2007 6:16 AM
  • I implemented by own manual GetXML(ds) routine that caters for Object[]. This got around the problem.

Wednesday, December 5, 2007 6:38 AM