none
How to develop single sign on framework RRS feed

• Question

• I work for a company which prohibits the use of open source and, for some reasons, I wouldn't be able to buy a single sign on solution from the market. Is there some tutorial which could explain what is envolving in developing a single sign on solution? This can be done in Java or Dot Net as long it is able to communicate with LDAP. Any idea will be appreciated.
    Friday, February 1, 2013 8:47 PM

Answers

• Best way in Microsoft world might be use Windows Indentity Foundation and possibly Active Directory Federation Services with it.

You can find more resources from both technologies by using Google.

Saturday, February 2, 2013 12:12 PM
  • My approach, In your app(I guess it is running on Windows) whenever it authenticated by your LdapServer, you create a x509 ceritificate for a day validity(for e.g.) and put that in the current user's certificate store.

Next time you could use this cetificate for authentication. If it is not valid ask the user to enter the credentials. Authenticate and update the certificate. This way you can make sure that user cerificate is placed in safe location as it's access controlled by Windows for the current user session.

Note:

1. You need to configure your Ldap Server to support both simple bind and sasl bind.

2. You need a service that generate certificates which are accepted by Ldap Server.

/Srinivas

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 11:28 AM

All replies

• Best way in Microsoft world might be use Windows Indentity Foundation and possibly Active Directory Federation Services with it.

You can find more resources from both technologies by using Google.

Saturday, February 2, 2013 12:12 PM
  • Hi,

Go through two articles bellow , you able to understand. How to work with Single Sign-on

1. Enabling Single Sign-on Using ASP.NET

2. Single Sign-on in ASP.NET and Other Platforms

Now about LDAP & ASP.NET

Simple Active Directory Authentication Using LDAP and ASP.NET

Happy Coding.

Thanks.

Knight Data Access Layer - .NET ORM, LINQ Provider, and more https://www.kellermansoftware.com/p-47-net-data-access-layer.aspx

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 8:49 AM
  • My approach, In your app(I guess it is running on Windows) whenever it authenticated by your LdapServer, you create a x509 ceritificate for a day validity(for e.g.) and put that in the current user's certificate store.

Next time you could use this cetificate for authentication. If it is not valid ask the user to enter the credentials. Authenticate and update the certificate. This way you can make sure that user cerificate is placed in safe location as it's access controlled by Windows for the current user session.

Note:

1. You need to configure your Ldap Server to support both simple bind and sasl bind.

2. You need a service that generate certificates which are accepted by Ldap Server.

/Srinivas

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 11:28 AM