Creatinga New Database in Visual Studio 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• User-1588899316 posted

I am new to C# and SQL Server and I have been trying to figure this out for over a week.  I did see the thread titled "Adding a database to Visual Studio 2010" but was unable to solve my issue.  For some of the suggestions I cannot even find the breadcrumb trail to enact it. 

I am currently taking the course "C# Fundamentals" from Bob Tabor’s site:  LearnVisualStudio.NET .  I'm on day 8 where we are integrating SQL Server with C#.  In Lesson 6 and 7, (havent' gotten past these two) I am having an issue.  In Lesson 6, "Retrieving Data with ADONET 2 in a Connected Scenario (SQL Server Compact Edition) when I go to create the data file I get the error message I typed into the title.  I have looked into Microsoft Support, and Stack Overflow, and have not found a solution that works in either of these locations.   Since I work from home on my computer, I do not want to do anything with files or downloads unless I understand what I need to do, because I do not want to lose my job.  Any help would be appreciated. 

I do have the following installed on my computer:

Visual Studios 2010 Ultimate (from student site)

SQL Server Compact 3.5 SP1 Query Tools,

SQL Server Compact 3.5 SP2 ENU, 

SQL Server Compact 3.5 SP2 x 64 ENU

SQL Server Compact 4.0 SP1 X64 ENU

Visual Studio 2010 Service Pack 1

I have a 64 bit operating system.  I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the Ultimate version several times, and tried to repair it, but nothing is working. 

Friday, June 20, 2014 10:53 AM

Answers

• User-166373564 posted

HI JennyVB,

Welcome to asp.net forum.

I am new to C# and SQL Server and I have been trying to figure this out for over a week.  I did see the thread titled "Adding a database to Visual Studio 2010" but was unable to solve my issue. 

According to your description above, it seems that you want to connect to SQL Server database in Visual Studio 2010.

You may find this helpful:

Walkthrough: Connecting to Data in a SQL Server Express Database: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/vstudio/ms171890(v=vs.100).aspx

Regards

Angie

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, June 23, 2014 2:20 AM

All replies

• User-492460945 posted

Can you tell me what is the error message you are getting?

Friday, June 20, 2014 11:00 AM
  • User-166373564 posted

HI JennyVB,

Welcome to asp.net forum.

I am new to C# and SQL Server and I have been trying to figure this out for over a week.  I did see the thread titled "Adding a database to Visual Studio 2010" but was unable to solve my issue. 

According to your description above, it seems that you want to connect to SQL Server database in Visual Studio 2010.

You may find this helpful:

Walkthrough: Connecting to Data in a SQL Server Express Database: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/vstudio/ms171890(v=vs.100).aspx

Regards

Angie

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, June 23, 2014 2:20 AM